Does INOA stand for INACCURATE No Ammonia?
In March of 2010 L’Oreal Professional launched their “revolutionary” new professional hair color product known as INOA with great hype and fan-fair. The very name INOA, L’Oreal claims, stands for Innovative No Ammonia. As with many new products launched by “Big Beauty”, L’Oreal marketed to thousands upon thousands of hairdressers from around the country and many of them jumped on board by paying extraordinarily high prices, attending countless education seminars, and beginning to use the new product on their client’s scalps with the excitement that you would only expect to see in a young child on Christmas morning. This excitement is well expected for such a revolutionary concept; a professional permanent color range that performs well and is free of all ammonia is certainly significant and definitely an innovation worth celebrating. Unfortunately, there are two problems for L’Oreal: (1) INOA’s line is not free of ammonia and the product is far from new; and
(2) The actual revolutionary professional permanent hair color line that is really ammonia-free has been available for over 15 years and is known as Organic Color Systems.
Now, just a few months later, INOA salons are coming to a rude awakening – the INOA line is not ammonia free and is clearly labeled as containing ammonia hydroxide. Imagine seeing a new client who is a cancer survivor, a chemotherapy patient, or simply allergic to ammonia and then assuring them that the professional hair color product you use is ammonia free. What could you possibly tell them after their treatment in which you unknowingly applied ammonia hydroxide to their scalp? Would they sympathize with you if you told them that you bought the marketing hype but failed to read the ingredients label? Salon professionals are licensed professionals and as such have an obligation and duty of care when dealing with the trust a client places in their hands to provide them with a safe and positive treatment. It stands to reason that a minimum level of care begins with knowing the chemicals being applied to their scalp.
What is exceptional is that salon professionals everywhere are using this product without reading the ingredient labels of the products in the line. The ingredients label for INOA Post shampoo, recommended for post-color shampoo with INOA’s “no ammonia” line clearly contains ammonia hydroxide as indicated in their ingredients list on the left (simply click the photo for a close-up view). While one side of the bottle indicates its contents as “Innovative No Ammonia” the other sides lists ammonia hydroxide on its legally required and government regulated ingredients label.
Organic Color Systems – Truly Ammonia Free Hair Color
Organic Color Systems is the most recognized and reputable ammonia-free hair color line word wide. Overwhelming chosen by natural, holistic, and organic oriented colorists and clients in over 42 countries, making it the world’s premier professional organic line.
With 67 intermixable colors plus 6 Concentrate colors, 6 Intensifiers colors, 5 Brightener colors, and 2 different bleach free lightening systems; Organic Color Systems empowers Professional Colorists like you to unleash your creativity. With Organic Color Systems, colorists no longer are confined to “paint by numbers”. Aren’t you ready to let your imagination go wild?
Find out about trying the full Organic Color Systems line in your salon risk-FREE for 30 Days!
Features and Benefits of Organic Color Systems Professional Ammonia-Free Hair Color Line
- Industry’s leading 100% guarantee allowing salon professionals to try the full Organic Color Systems line for 30 days risk-free.
- Contains no ammonia, formaldehyde, parabens, thioglycolates, or other toxic chemicals commonly found in hair color.
- Contains 100% certified organic ingredients, anti-oxidants, plant extracts, amino-acids and other nutrients.
- Delivers supreme rejuvenation of the hairs health by revitalizing its natural protection and moisturizers and returning hair to its isometric ideal pH level.
- Achieves 100% full white or grey coverage without risk of fading or translucent results.
- Supported by a complete system of products specially formulated to deliver and support Organic Color Systems while providing supreme performance without the toxic chemicals.
- The most recognized and respected Organic Hair Color brands around the world, backed by 20 years of ammonia-free permanent hair color history.
- Specially formulated to maintain the hair’s proper level of pH, moisture, and protein leaving hair with a sustainable natural health, shine, and luster.
- Backed by full time online, email, and telephone support provided by leading experts in the organic salon profession.
- Supported with the most extensive and comprehensive Organic Salon education system available today.
- The only 100% Cruelty-Free and Vegan hair color certified by the PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) organization.
- Utilizes activators that contain only pharmaceutical-grade peroxide, certified organic ingredients, natural extracts, and conditioning agents.
- Primary colors that contain absolutely no PPD’s, PTD’s, or any of their derivatives.