Hot Trends In Hair Color For 2013
With the New Year upon us, many of our clients have been asking what trends in hair color we are predicting for 2013. While the basics will always be popular, there are many different variations for stylists to offer their clients that will take plain brown hair and spice it up a little or brighten up basic blondes. Consultations are always the first step in finding out just how far the person in the chair is willing to go and also guarantee a happy, returning customer. Below are a few of the trends that we have noticed and salons have been buzzing about.
Warm tones seem to be extremely popular this year, particularly in the colder winter months. Deep reds, rich browns and softer colors of blonde are all in demand. Many women are also requesting two to four different shades of a color to give the hair the perception of more depth and to avoid the same color all over the entire head.
Another very hot hair coloring trend is bold, vibrant shades. Colors such as purple, blue, red and green are seeing a strong reemergence in the hair coloring market. Many clients are requesting these daring colors mixed in with browns, blacks, reds and blondes to give them a bolder, more original look.
The popularity of these unconventional styles may be attributed to the countless celebrities that have been seen sporting these hues all over magazine covers and tabloids. Throughout the years, people have sought to mimic the look of their favorite singer or actress (who can forget the “Rachel/Jennifer Aniston” haircut) and 2013 is no different. Expect to see this trend continue as long as the people in the spotlight continue to push the boundaries of conventional hair color to the limit, and in some cases, totally off the charts! Katy Perry, pictured above, is a great example.
Over the last couple months, Organic Color Systems has launched its brand new range of Brighteners which contain bold and vibrant colors idea for achieving such a result. These brighter, richer, deeper, and bolder new shades combine with our intermixable concentrates, intensifiers, and full-spectrum colors to provide infinite flexibility allowing Professional Colorists to unleash their creativity!
These bold and vibrant colors have been seen on so many celebrities over the past year that it is becoming difficult to keep track of them. Kate Winslet, Gwen Stefani, Juliette Lewis, and Katy Perry are among some of the most recent to sport their blue hair colors while Jessica Simpson, Kim Cattrall, and Sema Blair, Avril Lavigne, and Jamie Lee Curtis have all demonstrated their fun “bubble-gum-pink” side in their hir color.
Probably one of the most surprising colors that we are seeing is gray. Believe it or not, women are seeing this once dreaded shade through a whole new set of eyes. One of the hottest trends is “Gray lights” and white/gray bases. These colors have become very popular with affluent trendsetters and models and the movement is beginning to trickle down to the average person. Pop singer Pink and model Kate Moss are just two of the many women that are trying out this new look and loving it.
Several celebrities have come out strong and proud about their gray colored hair including Lady Gaga and Jamie Lee Curtis.
Learn more about our intermixable Color Concentrates and Full Spectrum hair color which will enable Professional Colorists to achieve wonderfully creative grays to match your client’s desired look precisely.
Introducing Organic Color Systems
Organic Color Systems is the most recognized and reputable ammonia-free hair color line word wide. Overwhelming chosen by natural, holistic, and organic oriented colorists and clients in over 42 countries, making it the world’s premier professional organic line.
With 67 intermixable colors plus 6 Concentrate colors, 6 Intensifiers colors, 5 Brightener colors, and 2 different bleach free lightening systems; Organic Color Systems empowers Professional Colorists like you to unleash your creativity. With Organic Color Systems, colorists no longer are confined to “paint by numbers”. Aren’t you ready to let your imagination go wild?
Find out about trying the full Organic Color Systems line in your salon risk-FREE for 30 Days!
Features and Benefits of Organic Color Systems Professional Ammonia-Free Hair Color Line
- Industry’s leading 100% guarantee allowing salon professionals to try the full Organic Color Systems line for 30 days risk-free.
- Contains no ammonia, formaldehyde, parabens, thioglycolates, or other toxic chemicals commonly found in hair color.
- Contains 100% certified organic ingredients, anti-oxidants, plant extracts, amino-acids and other nutrients.
- Delivers supreme rejuvenation of the hairs health by revitalizing its natural protection and moisturizers and returning hair to its isometric ideal pH level.
- Achieves 100% full white or grey coverage without risk of fading or translucent results.
- Supported by a complete system of products specially formulated to deliver and support Organic Color Systems while providing supreme performance without the toxic chemicals.
- The most recognized and respected Organic Hair Color brands around the world, backed by 20 years of ammonia-free permanent hair color history.
- Specially formulated to maintain the hair’s proper level of pH, moisture, and protein leaving hair with a sustainable natural health, shine, and luster.
- Backed by full time online, email, and telephone support provided by leading experts in the organic salon profession.
- Supported with the most extensive and comprehensive Organic Salon education system available today.
- The only 100% Cruelty-Free and Vegan hair color certified by the PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) organization.
- Utilizes activators that contain only pharmaceutical-grade peroxide, certified organic ingredients, natural extracts, and conditioning agents.
- Primary colors that contain absolutely no PPD’s, PTD’s, or any of their derivatives.